We are glad to announce the release of ASGARD version 2.3, built to support JIAC 5.1.3. This release of ASGARD is finally able to support Java 7 on OSX by using LWJGL 2.9.0. All other additions, changes, and bugfixes in the beta versions since 2.2 are included in this release.
Get the new version [here].
Changes since last stable release (2.2):
- Added feature to deploy agents at runtime.
- Fixed network interface binding on windows.
- Fixed jconsole location in linux environments.
- “-useLocalhostUrls” parameter was not parsed properly.
- Correct height for communication channel objects when the framework visualization is resized.
- Fixed issue of messages appearing at wrong positions.
- Limiting maximum number of message visuals to avoid memory flooding.
- Using Thread pool for connection checks to avoid flooding the system with threads.
- Fixed blocked RMI Registry connection dialog.
- Correct Zbuffer bit depth for Intel HD Series graphic adapters.
- ASGARD is not blocked anymore during RMI registry connection attempts.
- Framework captions now use the DAI Corporate design font, which is Titillium.
- Using only dependencies from public repositories to make source releases actually buildable for users.
- Creating own multicast receivers for each network interface instead of relying on address 0.0.0.0.
- Updated to LWJGL version 2.9.0 to provide Java 7 compatibility in OSX.
- Moved new connection management to own class and added connection attempt counter display.
- If no port is specified when connecting a registry, the default port (1099) is used.
- Localhost URLs are filtered per default before attempting to connect.
- Failed connection attempts are not visualized as gray agent nodes per default.
- Using weak references in channel visuals to avoid “zombie” objects or visuals.
- Changed lwjgl version to 2.8.3, new native libraries.
- Optional kiosk mode for presentations on public screens.